The Office of Student Involvement is responsible for programming and initiatives related to intercultural student life, leadership development, outdoor programs, student activities, and student organizations.
The Office of Student Involvement (OSI) supports the College’s mission and provides students with opportunities to better understand, lead, and successfully live within an increasingly diverse and complex world. To this end, we work with student colleagues to develop and implement a variety of engaging, fun, and reflective learning experiences through campus events, student organizations, and personal development opportunities.
We aim to accomplish this through the following goals:
- Provide student opportunities for creative expression, social interaction, and active participation.
- Incorporate student voices into the work we do.
- Encourage students to engage in co-curricular opportunities to enhance their learning, growth, and development.
- Use evidence based practices and data informed decisions to guide the work we do.
- Engage in regular evaluation and continual assessment to ensure effective program evolution and improvement to best meet student needs.
These are the fundamental values our professional and student staff understand, cherish, and strive towards on a daily basis in our work within the K community.
- Be solution(s) oriented
- Be good stewards of K resources
- Dream big and work effectively to make dreams a reality
- Engage in continuous improvement
- Assess, evaluate, & reflect
- Think diversely always, in all ways
- Be clear, complete, compassionate, & effective in all forms of communication
Director of Student Activities
Brian T. Dietz, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Students, Director of Student Involvement and the Hicks Student Center
Director of Outdoor Programs
Natalie Markech K’21
Program Coordinator for Student Activities
Assistant Director of Outdoor Programs
Interim Director of Intercultural Student Life
Alaq Zghayer K’21
Program Coordinator for Intercultural Student Life