The safety and security of members of the College community are a priority. Therefore, Kalamazoo College prohibits the possession, use, or sale of any kind of weapon or firearm, fireworks, explosives, or chemical on College property for any reason at any time, including substances, devices, or weapons designed to or that may incapacitate, injure or kill. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Firearms of any kind, including firearm look-alikes or realistic facsimiles, paint guns, weapons that discharge a projectile of any kind by air, CO2 or other gas, or via a spring-loaded mechanism, including pellet or BB guns, or other long-barreled weapons
- Ammunition of any kind
- Devices, including, but not limited to stun or laser guns, from which an electrical current or impulse, wave or beam may be directed
- Sport, game, martial arts, or theatrical equipment, including but not limited to swords, numchucks, throwing stars or knives, staves, clubs, darts, blowguns
- Bow and arrows, or crossbows
- With the exception of culinary knives, any knife with a blade longer than 3″, including pocket knives
- Explosives or incendiary devices of any kind
- Fireworks or firecrackers
- Dangerous or toxic chemicals, chemical irritants, or chemicals stored or used for anything other than in a supervised experiment in a College laboratory. Chemical may not be stored in any of the Colleges residence halls or houses.
Such items are subject to immediate confiscation. Persons charged under this policy are subject to immediate interim separation from the College. Possession, use, or sale of such items on campus may lead to suspension or expulsion. The College reserves the right to involve the Kalamazoo Public Safety Department in the addressing and resolving matters under this policy.